Software Testing Process
SPEC INDIA follows a Software Testing life cycle, which follows the defined quality assurance process and is consistent with the recognized standards.
- Test Planning: Review the functional specs and clarify the test requirements. Set up test facilities. Create the Test Plan describing the scope, approach, resources and schedule of intended test activities and get approval from the Customer.
- Test Design: Explore the features on-line or a Prototype of the feature. Develop test cases and test data needed by the test cases Review and become familiar with the test ware, test cases and procedures.
- Test Execution: Load the test environment. Execute the test cases manually. Confer with the software engineers about the symptoms found and enter data into the bug tracking system Monitor the problem resolution and the availability of the fix to be re-tested. Re-test to confirm the fix works. Regression test to find unintended sides effects of the fix. Send Status report to relevant stakeholders show testing progress.
- Test Completion: Ensure that all the open issues are closed on Severity basis. Document and archive the test results. Update the test plan and test case libraries.
- Test Summary: Detailed Test Report indicating the efforts, schedule, bugs details, no. of iterations, any known issues and its impact etc is created. The test report is communicated to the relevant stakeholders.