Software Development Process
SPEC INDIA monitors its Software Development Process through built in Quality assurance practices. Planned and systematic approach is taken to evaluate quality and check adherence to processes and standards. The documents and developed code is under configuration management.
Typically, this process is tailored to our client's requirements and standards. There are specific Documentation, Design and Coding standards. All processes have documented procedures. Review meetings are incorporated at every stage to monitor the Plan and Risks to keep the project on track. Client communication is done on regular basis to update the client regarding the progress.
- Project Initiation and Planning: Project is initiated with a Project Kick-off meeting. The Project Charter, Software Development Plan, Project Schedule, Risk list, Acceptance test plan are prepared and reviewed/Approved by Customer. Resource Allocation is done to proceed with the next phase.
- Requirement Study: The Software Requirement Specification/Use Cases are prepared from the High level business requirements. The SRS document is reviewed and If any ambiguities are found these are logged and cleared before the next stage. The artifacts are approved by the Customer.
- Analysis and Design: The Technical Architecture Document is prepared at this stage and is reviewed and If any ambiguities are found these are logged and cleared before the next stage. The Test cases are prepared and reviewed against the Use Cases. After the review the Test cases are approved by relevant stakeholders.
- Development and Testing: The application development is done as per the Software requirement Document and Software Architecture Specifications. Coding standards are followed. The unit testing is carried out by peers and if any issues are found it is posted in the Issue tracker(Helpdesk). All the issues are closed before moving on to the next phase.
- Validation and Verification: V & V is done by an independent testing team. The bugs found are reported and fixed. This cycle continues till the exit criteria for the release is met. Release Documents are verified by the V & V Team. Tested release, Release documents and Test report are sent to the relevant stakeholders at the end of this stage.
- Deployment and UAT: The Verified and Validated release is sent to the Customer along with Test cases, installation guides, and User manual. At the client site the application is tested against the Acceptance test cases. Any reported issues are closed by providing a new release which will follow the same cycle as above. Once the Customer gives his Acceptance , the project is closed and archived for reference. The Project is reviewed at closure for learning and Customer feedback is documented.