Windows Mobile Application Development
Windows CE for Pocket PC and .NET Windows Mobile Framework
Windows Mobile is a compressed operating system developed by Microsoft, and designed for use in smartphones and mobile devices. Formerly appearing as the Pocket PC 2000 operating system, Windows Mobile has been restructured numerous times, with the current version being Windows Mobile 6.5. Windows Mobile Applications are built using Microsoft .Net Compact Framework & using SQL CE as database.
- Windows Mobile devices support the browser Internet Explorer Mobile.
- All basic required UI components available in .net compact framework SDK.
- Support for COM and DCOM.
- Support for the low level Services.
- Support for a full-range of storage features.
- Support for installing a custom or third party file system.
- Database, including databases that support SQL-CE.
- Robust security features.
- System registry can be used for storing data of applications, drivers, user preferences, and other configuration settings.
- Windows Mobile supports TrueType and raster font technologies
- Support for 2-D and 3-D graphics.
- DirectDraw API supported.
- Supporting Imaging API which provides support for various still-image codec's.
- Supporting Audio Compression Manager, which manages audio codec's, audio format conversion.
- Support of Web Service.
The technologies used for Windows based mobiles are as under
Embedded VC++, Pocket PC 2002 SDK, Windows Mobile SDK Version 5.0, 6.0 or 6.5 .NET Compact Framework 2.0, 3.5
- Server side scripting
- Communication Mode
LAN, GSM, GPRS, Bluetooth, Infrared, WIFI
- Mobile Database
Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition (SQL CE) 2.0 & 3.5 SQL Lite Version 2 & 3
MS Visual Studio VC++ 6.0, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Studio 2008.
LAN, Bluetooth, WIFI
- External API
Barcode - Barcode Scanning API's
- External Database
Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Access